Last Updated February 25, 2013
- Addition to TOS paragraphs Scholarship Crowdfunding – Costs and Fees, Scholarship Crowdfunding – Student Campaigners, Scholarship Crowdfunding – Donors
We at Equals6 want the same things you do:
- protection from spam;
- protection from malicious computer code;
- control over personal data; and,
- respect for privacy.
Terms of Service
- Acceptance of Terms
- Use of Services on Equals6
- Unlawful or Prohibited Use
- Accounts and Security
- User Disputes
- Account Termination
- Use of Documents and Publications on Equals6
- Materials Provided or Posted to Equals6
- Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
- Advertisement and Promotions
- Copyright and Trademark Information
- General Information
- Violation of Terms of Service
- Scholarship Crowdfunding – Costs and Fees
- Scholarship Crowdfunding – Student Campaigners
- Scholarship Crowdfunding – Donors
Acceptance of Terms
YOU MUST READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. By accessing and using Equals6 ("the website") in any way, including, without limitation, browsing the website, using any information, using any content, using any services, downloading any materials, uploading any materials you agree to and are bound by the terms of service described in this document ("Terms of Service" "TOS"). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER. The Terms of Service are entered into between Equals6 Inc. ("Equals6") and you. If you are using the website on behalf of your employer, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms of Service on your employer's behalf. You are still individually bound by this Agreement. If you do not want to become a User, do not conclude the Agreement, do NOT click "Join Equals6" and do not access, view, download or otherwise use any Equals6 webpage, information or service. By becoming a User you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this Agreement and that you agree to be bound by all of its provisions.
Equals6 reserves the right, at Equals6's sole discretion, to change, modify, update, add, or remove portions of the TOS at any time. If we make any changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting an announcement and/or similar method. Please check these TOS for changes. Your continued use of this website following the posting of changes to the TOS will mean you accept those changes.
When using Equals6 services, you and Equals6 shall be subject to any posted Codes of Conduct, Guidelines, or Rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. Any such guidance is hereby incorporated by reference into this TOS.
The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Use of Services on Equals6
All documents, discussions, data, text, information, software, graphics, video, messages music, sound, photographs, or any other materials ("Submissions"), whether made public or privately transmitted, are the sole and complete responsibility of the individual from which such Submission originated. The individual user, and not Equals6, is completely responsible for all Submissions uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via Equals6. Equals6 has no control of the Submissions posted to the website and does not guarantee the accuracy, originality, or quality of such Submissions
Equals6 may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, videos, photo albums and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a "Communication Service" and collectively "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services or the website, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services or the website in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, obscene as to minors, child pornography, racist, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, indecent, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the website in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allow such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Communication Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
- Use any Equals6 domain name as a pseudonymous return email address for any communications that you transmit from another location or through another service.
- Transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any Equals6 account holder or to any Equals6.com or affiliated email address (regardless of whether you use the website to transmit any such communication).
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges.
Equals6 has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Equals6 reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove and/or edit any materials in its sole discretion. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Submissions that are offensive, indecent or objectionable.
Equals6 reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as Equals6 deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Equals6's sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself in any Communication Services. Equals6 does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, Equals6 specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services. Managers, hosts and moderators are not authorized Equals6 spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Equals6.
Materials uploaded to the Communication Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the website, you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Equals6 server, or the network(s) connected to any Equals6 server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Equals6 server or to the website, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the website
Equals6 does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 15 or knowingly allow such persons to register with Equals6. If you are under 15, please do not attempt to register for Equals6 or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 15 may provide any personal information to or on Equals6. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 15 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 15, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounts and Security
If any of the services on the website require you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with true, current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form, and you will maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, current, complete and accurate. You will also choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Equals6 immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Equals6 will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder. By using this website and registering for such services, you consent to Equals6's display of such information via the services and accept all risks of unauthorized access to such information. If you provide any information that is false, inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete, or Equals6 has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is false, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, Equals6 may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the services or any portion thereof. You are responsible for all costs and charges, including without limitation, phone charges and telecommunications equipment that you incur in order to use the services.
Information and submissions you provide will be secured with industry standards and technology. The website cannot ensure or warrant the security of any submissions made. There is no guarantee that any submission made to the website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of the physical, technical, or process controls.
As a condition of website use you agree to: Keep your password secure and confidential; not permit others to use your account; not use other Users' accounts. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Equals6 users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users. For disputes please contact us at email@example.com
You agree that Equals6, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of Equals6, and remove and discard any Submissions within Equals6, for any reason, including, but not limited to, lack of use or if Equals6 has reason to conclude that you have violated or acted inconsistently with this TOS. You agree that Equals6 shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to Equals6. Equals6 may in its sole discretion and, at any time, discontinue providing this Communications Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to Equals6 under any provision of this TOS may be made without your prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Equals6 may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information in your account and/or bar any further access to Equals6.
Closing your Website Account
You can close your account at any time. Upon closing we will remove your name and other information from our website. We have no obligation to retain your information and may delete any or all without liability. The website may however retain and use your information if necessary to fulfill services for other Users. For example your submissions to scholarships, groups and brainstorms may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. The website has no liability for the deletion or retention of any user submissions.
Use of Documents and Publications on Equals6
Equals6 does not grant permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of this website. Those elements of the website are protected by law, such as trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Equals6.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, EQUALS6 MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THE WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, ALL SUCH DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, EQUALS6 HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL EQUALS6 BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE WEBSITE.
THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THE SERVICES COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. EQUALS6 ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITE, MATERIALS, PUBLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS AND IN ANY OTHER REFERENCE. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. EQUALS6 MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES WHICH ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF EQUALS6 AND EQUALS6 IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS ON ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH SITES. EQUALS6 IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBCASTING OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE. EQUALS6 IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY THAT EQUALS6 ENDORSES OR ACCEPTS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT ON SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES.
Materials Provided or Posted to Equals6
Equals6 does not claim ownership of Submissions you post or make available for communication on the website. You own the information you provide the website under this Agreement, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. However, by posting, or making available for inclusion, on publicly or privately accessible areas of the website, any and all submissions, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as deemed necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Submissions on the website. By posting Submissions to any part of the website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Submissions for any purpose on or in connection with the website or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Submissions, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your Submissions from the website at any time. If you choose to remove your Submissions, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that Equals6 may retain archived copies of your User Content. Equals6 is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and Equals6 may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
By posting a Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in these Terms of Service including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
You acknowledge that Equals6 may not pre-screen Submissions for violations of this TOS. However, Equals6 and its designees have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to block or restrict access to, or the availability of, or to disable, any Submission that is available via the website. Without limiting the foregoing, Equals6 and its designees may disable, restrict access to or the availability of, any Submission that violates the Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Submissions, including any reliance on the originality, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Submissions.
Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
NEITHER EQUALS6 NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, NEW PRODUCTS OR TECHNOLOGIES, PROCESSES, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW PRODUCT NAMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL CREATIVE ARTWORK, SAMPLES, DEMOS, OR OTHER WORKS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN EQUALS6' PRODUCTS OR MARKETING STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO EQUALS6. SO, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO EQUALS6 OR ANYONE AT EQUALS6. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT EQUALS6 MAKES NO ASSURANCES THAT YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Equals6, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders, partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your Submissons, your use of the website, including any use by your employees, your connection to the website, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another.
Notifications and Service Messages
For purposes of notices made to you, notice shall be made via an email from the website to your user account email. You agree that the website may communicate with you through your email account about your website account or services associated with the website.
Availability of the Website
We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the website, partially or entirely in our sole discretion. The website reserves the right to withhold, remove and or discard any submissions made by you. The website has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you with a copy of any submission made to the website.
User Communication and Information Sharing
The website includes groups and Brainstorms where you can post your observations on specific topics. The website allows information to be shared by allowing users to make submissions including links and other information. Information you share may be seen and used by other Users and the website cannot guarantee that other Users will not use the ideas and information that you share. If you have information that you want kept confidential do not post it to the website.
Advertisements and Promotions
Equals6 may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on or through the website. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by Equals6 is subject to change. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Equals6 found on or through the website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. Equals6 is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-Equals6 advertisers on the website.
Copyright and Trademark Information
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Copyright © 2010 Equals6 Inc. All rights reserved.
TRADEMARKS: Trademarks referenced herein are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Equals6 Inc. in Canada and the U.S. and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein and/or third-party trademarks, trade names and logos contained herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and Equals6 and governs your use of the website, superseding any prior agreements between you and Equals6 on the subject matter (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the TOS). Notwithstanding the prior provision, to the extent, and only to the extent, that any terms set forth in this TOS expressly contradicts any terms of a prior written agreement between you and Equals6 in effect as of the date of your use of the website and specifically regarding your use of the website ("Executed Agreement"), such contradictory terms set forth in the Executed Agreement shall govern. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use other Equals6 services, third-party content or third-party software. You must not assign or otherwise transfer the TOS nor any right granted hereunder.
Equals6 controls and operates this website from its headquarters in Nova Scotia, Canada and makes no representation that this website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this website from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws including but not limited to the export and import regulations of other countries.
Recognizing that this Communication Service is global, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
The failure of Equals6 to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the TOS to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
Violations of TOS
Equals6 does not actively monitor violations of our terms of service - we rely on users to identify and report violations. If you encounter spam, academic dishonesty, inappropriate behavior, abusive/hateful content, or other questionable content, use your judgment as to whether or not the user is violating the Equals6 TOS. If required please use the report this user link located on every user's profile page.
Scholarship Crowdfunding – Costs and Fees
here is no cost to a student to apply or receive a Top-Talent scholarship award or to create an individual student scholarship campaign. There are, however, costs incurred by Equals6 in the operation of the Top-Talent scholarship crowdfunding platform; both internal operational costs and third-party costs such as credit card processing fees. These costs sum to 10% on donations made and are deducted from the overall scholarship contributed funds each calendar quarter as scholarship processing fees. These scholarship processing fees are subject to change at Equals6 sole discretion. Any changes to the Equals6 scholarship processing fees will be identified via the website and in an update to these TOS. Changes to Equals6 scholarship processing fees will not be retroactive and will only take effect on 90 days advance notice.
Scholarship Crowdfunding - Student Campaigners
Equals6 may provide students with the opportunity to apply to pooled scholarship funds and/or fundraise via an individual student scholarship campaign by soliciting financial contributions from donors.
By creating a student scholarship campaign or applying for a scholarship via the Equals6 Top-Talent Scholarship crowdfunding system, you represent and warrant that:
- In order to apply to receive a scholarship from the Equals6 Top-Talent scholarship fund or to create an individual student scholarship campaign you are required to register as a student in Equals6 and complete all required user profile fields.
- You are a student either currently attending, or intending to register to attend within 12 months, a United States or Canadian college or university;
- You are fund raising or applying for a scholarship for the purpose of paying academic expenses;
- You will use all student scholarship campaign donated funds and/or an Equals6 Top-Talent scholarship award only for the purpose of paying education related expenses;
- You agree that donations made to your individual student scholarship campaign will be held by Equals6 until your campaign is completed, educational registration is verified and payment directions are received by Equals6.
- You agree that payments of individual scholarship campaign funds and scholarship awards will be made directly to the North American college or university educational institution where you are registered as a student;
- You agree that payments of individual scholarship campaign funds and scholarship awards will be made only after you have provided Equals6 with proof of your registration at a North American college or university and directions on how to make payment to the school;
- You agree that email is the sole method of communication between you and Equals6. Equals6 will not be held responsible for communication and/or scholarship distribution delays due to student email changes and/or inability to receive emails. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can be notified at the email address associated with your Equals6 user account.
- You agree that should Equals6 be notified of your subsequent withdrawal from your North American college or university any scholarship funding amount returned to Equals6 will be contributed to the Top-Talent pooled scholarship fund for the purpose of distribution as scholarship award at Equals6’ sole discretion.
- You agree that you will not take any action in reliance on having a scholarship campaign posted to Equals6. There may be a delay between the end of a successful scholarship fundraising campaign and distribution of the scholarship funds to the North American college or university where you are registered, or will be registered within 12 months.
- You understand and agree that scholarship funding received through the Equals6 Top-Talent scholarship fund may have income tax implications for you as a student. It is not possible for Equals6 to be aware of all local jurisdictional tax laws and therefore it is your responsibility to consider any tax implications and to consult an accountant and/or tax advisor where necessary. You are responsible to report properly, and timely pay, all applicable taxes for all donations and awards.
- You agree that Equals6 cannot make any guarantees regarding the number or amount of donor contributions made to the pooled Top-Talent scholarship fund or to individual student scholarship campaigns.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Equals6 harmless from any liability for, or assessment of, any claims or penalties of any scholarship donation paid to Equals6 for your benefit.
- All scholarship awards are made in United States currency.
Equals6 will make best efforts to distribute all funds received by Equals6 for your student scholarship campaign or student scholarship award (minus processing fees) to your school within 20 business days after our receipt of your proof of North America educational institution registration and directions on how to make payment to your school.
Equals6 reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend a student scholarship campaign at any time and for any reason. Equals6 is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions.
Scholarship Crowdfunding – Donors
Equals6 may provide donors with the opportunity to make contributions to pooled scholarship funds and/or individual scholarship campaigns.
By making a donation to the Equals6 Scholarship crowdfunding system, you represent and warrant that:
- Any donation you make is legal in your jurisdiction.
- You understand and agree that your use of the website is solely at your own risk.
- You agree that your donation to a pooled scholarship fund or individual student scholarship campaign will be held by Equals6 until distributed to the North American college or university where the student is registered.
- It is solely your choice to contribute to the Top-Talent scholarship program.
- You understand that your donations will result in a student scholarship in the amount of the funds you contributed minus a processing fee of 10%.
- Equals6 deducts scholarship processing fees from the overall scholarship contributed funds each calendar quarter.
- Donations made are not tax deductible.
- Donations made are nonrefundable
- Equals6 makes reasonable efforts to ensure that students do not misrepresent the intent of a scholarship campaign or misuse raised funds. Scholarship funds are paid directly to the educational institution only after verification of student registration.
- Scholarship Donors agree to provide their payment information at the time that they donate to a scholarship campaign. The payment will be collected at the time of the donation confirmation.
- Equals6 reserves the right to cancel a donation at any time and for any reason.
- All scholarship donations are made in United States currency.
Last Updated February 25, 2013
Equals6 will not share your personally identifiable information with outside companies for their use without your permission. Equals6 will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone. We provide you with the means to control whether or not your information is viewable to other Users through your portfolio. To maximize the value of our services, we may request information from you when you use Equals6. We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the website to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including but not limited to prospective advertisers.
We use the information you provide to:
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users.
- Administer your account and customize services provided, and
- Send you service or communications through email and notices on the website. If you wish to unsubscribe from these communications, please edit your account settings or follow the unsubscribe directions in these emails.
Equals6 provides an optional "public portfolio" that permits you to publish all or some of your portfolio to the public Internet. This feature is turned off by default. If you choose to make submissions to groups, discussions or import a blog any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can potentially be read, collected, or used by other Users. Equals6 is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. To edit your privacy settings please go to the My Profile page and click the Account Settings button.
Once you register with Equals6 and sign in to our services, you may not be anonymous to us. Equals6 gathers and records information on our Equals6 web server from your web browser including IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us.
To support the Services provided we may provide advertisements on the site. These advertisements may be targeted based on general criteria or may be based on anonymized information derived from a User's portfolio. Equals6 does not provide personally identifiable information except under the following circumstances.
If Equals6 is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete, ask to have it removed from a public forum, directory or testimonial on our site or deactivate it, by making the change on our member information page by contacting us by email, telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us.
If you choose to share a job opportunity with a colleague, we will ask you for your colleague’s name and email address. We will automatically send your colleague a one-time email inviting them to visit the job opportunity. Equals6 does not store this information and is only used for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your colleague may contact us, to request that we remove this information from our database.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
In compliance with Canadian Law, if you have any questions, comments or complaints about how we use your information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Via mail: Suite 203 1083 Queen St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 0B2
Via telephone: +1 (877) 647 3356
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org