We know you are broke. You are a full-time college student. By definition you have no money.
That doesn’t mean you can’t have a life.
Here is a list of free and cheap things to do for you broke college students.
Free stuff to do:
- Sleep! Never underestimate the power of being well-rested. When you’re a busy college student, it’s hard sometimes to relax, but it’s definitely necessary.
- Watch TV. Even if you have free cable in your dorm, you probably don’t get a lot of channels. Unless you want to nerd out and watch the news or the weather channel, you should go online. Most universities have free wifi. Check out the shows on Hulu. They have a huge variety and selection of shows. (And if you have a little extra cash, you can splurge for Netflix or Hulu Plus which are about $9 a month.)
- Play video games. Studies show video game players are better at focusing and multitasking. There are a lot of Free-to-play video games out there. You can sign up for a free Steam account and check out all of their free games. You have host LAN or WAN parties with friends if you’re feeling a little social. Team Fortress 2 is a good free multiplayer game.
- Take a trip to the park or take a walk (or run) around campus. This will clear your mind, and you will get some exercise to avoid the freshman 15! A lot of campuses have really great nature trails you can snap a few photos on for Instagram or SnapChat.
- Join an intramural, intermural or club sport at your school. Depending on the club and the sport, you could have 2-3 games a week. It’s a great way to get exercise and and meet tons of new people.
- Volunteer. This is a great way to spend your time if you want a little more fulfillment. Plus it looks great on a resume!
Cheap stuff to do:
- Go to a matinée. There are some really awesome movies coming out, and you can watch them during the day and pay less. Check out what movies are coming out soon. Don’t forget to use your student discount.
- Art, history, aviation, science museums! You could learn something while you visit. Check out the top 10 weirdest museums here. A lot of museums usually offer student discounts too. (If you’re interested in art but totally broke, check out your university’s art department. They usually have a free student art gallery.)
- Planetariums are cooler than you think, and some college campuses have planetariums with student discounts.
- Go for a drive. I know gas isn’t really that cheap, but driving around helps you become familiar with your surroundings, and you might end up finding some pretty cool, unique places.
StudyPods allows you to create a Pod to connect with your classmates and other students worldwide, form study groups, upload and share files, complete assignments and help each other get better grades. Check them out at www.Studypods.com